Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I am fearfully and wonderfully made

The BIG news of the year is that we are expecting our first baby in August 2014!  We are already 12 weeks pregnant, but scarcely obvious.  We are very thankful for this little miracle.

It is one thing to study embryological development in medical school and a completely different thing to be experiencing it first-hand.  As you might guess from Warren's interest in ultrasound, this little baby has already had multiple ultrasounds (weekly).  Our first ultrasound dates to about 2 weeks post-conception when all we could see was the gestational sac (not even a fetal pole).  Slowly we were witnessing changes like the appearance of the heart (taking up half the body size at about 6weeks), to the spinal column, and the tiny limb buds.  Now this little embryo is a fetus with a complete set of internal organs and now simply needs to mature.  It is simply amazing and from looking at me you would never guess I am carrying this little person inside of me.  He/she is very active on ultrasound, yet I can't feel anything.

We wonder what it will be like to have a child that looks like us (maybe even acts like us).  Will we know how to raise him/her?  It seems overwhelming to think about, but I believe this is an area that we will grow in our trust in God and His ability to provide through us.  This is His child, designed by God himself.  We were just involved as co-creators.  What an honor to be a co-creator with God.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
               your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  
Psalm 139:13-16


Thank you friends and family for all your encouraging/congratulatory words!

Blessings,

Lindsey and Warren Cooper



5 comments:

  1. So excited for you Lindsey. I am due in August 2014 as well and will hold you and your baby up in prayer! Love always, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very fond of Psalm 139. Congratulations Lindsey and Warren. Am so very excited for you. Lindsey, please take care of yourself and do not work too hard; making a baby is a full time job on your body and well being!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heart is so so full of joy for you Warren and Lindsey (and baby Cooper)! I've actually been thinking of you in this way, wondering how the journey has been going for you in the desire to be pregnant, wondering if we'd be hearing good news anytime soon! So happy for you! This baby is such a gift to you and it's a gift that keeps unwrapping every day, every stage, their whole life...You two are the perfect parents for this little one, by God's design. Love to your growing little family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey - you are going to make such a wonderful mother - Jodi and I are so happy for you and Warren! Our blessings go with you over the next 6 months.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited that my crib will get to be used by you guys half-way around the world! Wishing blessings for you all! -Amy

    ReplyDelete