Saturday, September 30, 2017

Baby Grace

September 30, 2017
Baby Grace


I am writing to ask for prayer for an abandoned baby, her mother, and father.

On Thursday morning my nanny told me, “I heard a baby crying on my way home from my field last night.  I found a baby girl in the tall grasses all alone next to her placenta.”  What???  Did I understand her French correctly?  Yes I had.  I was speechless.  I haven't seen this before.

My nanny immediately informed the chief of our village and the local health center whom then took responsibility for the situation and hospitalized the baby for care.  Since then our maternity nurses have been caring for her needs and affectionately call her “Grace.”

My heart breaks to think of this little one being left all alone.  My heart aches for the mother to realize the treasure she left behind.  I can’t understand the desperation it would take to leave a newborn like that.  Did the mother hope that the child would be found?

In the United States there is a way a woman can anonymously give up her child and know that it will be given a home.  No questions asked.  In Congo, this social support does not exist. 

Join me in praying for Baby Grace and her parents.  Pray for the very best home for this little one.  There are efforts being made to find the mother.  Pray for a change of heart of the mother.  Pray for the father also.

She is a cutie.



No comments:

Post a Comment